Do you like making things, helping others, and being a part of team?
If so, you could be the right type of person to work in the Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio.
The Kao ICS is primarily run by paid student consultants who help other students with projects, oversee safety in the shops, perform maintenance, and keep the studio running on a day-to-day basis. Students who work in the Kao ICS work in a tight-knit team that works together to make this the best makerspace on UT campus, while themselves gaining experiences and skills that can help them in their career down the road.
Role Within the Organization:
- Assist students with equipment and services provided by the Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio.
- Student will be trained to safely and effectively assist with:
- 3D printing & CAD modeling
- Wood shop equipment
- Laser cutting
- Electronics assembly
- CNC, embroidery, mill, lathe, and more!
- Installation and repair of equipment
- Material checkout
- 10 hours per week average during Kao ICS open hours (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
- Extra hours scheduled for Kao ICS special projects and activities.
- Entire academic year, may include summer sessions.